Jhor Jharana : Overview
Jhor Jharana ,The waterfall in Jhor VDC of Kathmandu district has now become the center of attraction. After walking about 10 km from Samakhushi to Tokha and descending 200 meters from the main road, you will find this beautiful place where a waterfall is flowing.
There are plenty of young people here soaking in the waterfall. The waterfall does not always flow here. For only a month,from the month of Ashar to Ashoj , you can see the waterfall flowing here with such pleasure. Along with the waterfall, there is also a temple of Lord Krishna Varuneshwar (Van Mahadev). View of Kathmandu Valley from the road to Jhor.
Jhor, about 10 km from Samakhusi, is a tourist attraction. Naturally, a waterfall cascading down through the rocks attracts anyone who arrives. Tourists visiting the place cannot return without enjoying the waterfall. Probably because of this, this waterfall, which is under Jhor Tokha Municipality of Kathmandu District, is crowded with people every summer.
How To Reach Jhor :
Jhor is within Kathmandu Valley in Tokha Municipality. You Can reach there through several ways.
- Private Vehicle : Jhor Jharana has a proper road for Private Bikes and Cars to reach there until there is a heavy rainfall. The road gets a bit muddy then. It is about 42 minutes according to google map and the approximate distance from Tribhuwan International airport is about 16 kilo meters. If you start journey from TIA this is the route.]
1. Go Straight Through Pashupati road towards Chabel and head towards Syambhu through the Chakrapath Highway of Gopikrishna Movies,twoards bhatbhateni Until you reach Narayan Gopal Chowk.
2. Head straight towards the way of Gongabu Buspark from Narayangopal Chowk until you reach Basundhara Chouki Bus Stop.
3.Take Right from there and head towards the way of Grandy International Hospital.
4.Head straight towards Tokha Keba Water Funpark and head straight from there to reach Monika Pharmacy.
5. From Monika Pharmacy Take your left and head 1 kilometer ahead, You will reach Tokha
2.By Public Bus
- Take a Public Bus that goes to Bashundhara Chauki Bus Stop.(Any Chakrapath Parikrama Bus will take you there)
- From Bashundhara Chauki Bus Stop, Take a bus that goes to Jhor.