Plane Crash in Nepal
Plane Crash in Nepal, It has not been that long since the 1st plane landed in Nepal. The plane landed in Nepal for the first time in 1949. And that was after a long time when aero planes have started to fly in the context of the world. The flights are not always safe. Not even in the whole world. There is a few chances of accidents. And the tragedy is so heart breaking. Plane crash in Nepal started not long after the 1st flight in Nepal. Today we will see the history of plane crash in Nepal.
Here is a list of major Plane Crash in Nepal since 2006 :
- April 2019 – At least three people are killed when a Summit Air plane crashes into two runways near the runway at Lukla Airport in Solukhumbu district.
- February 2019 – Seven people, including the then Minister of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation, Rabindra Adhikari, are killed when an Air Dynasty helicopter crashes near Pathibharan in Taplejung.
- September 2018 – An Altitude Air helicopter coming from Gorkha to Kathmandu crashes in a forest in Dhading and Nuwakotbir. One Japanese tourist and five others were killed.One Japanese tourist and five others were killed.
- March 2018 – A US-Bangla Airlines flight from Bangladesh to Nepal crashes at Tribhuvan International Airport. Fifty-one people on board were killed.
- February 2016 – A Tara Air flight from Pokhara to Jomsom crashes, killing 23 people.
- May 2015 – A US military helicopter involved in post-earthquake relief and rescue operations crashes near Charikot. Six American soldiers, two Nepal Army officers and five civilians were killed in the incident.
- June 2015: Four people are killed when a helicopter chartered by Doctors Without Boards crashes in Sindhupalchowk.
- March 2015 – A Turkish Airlines plane skidds off the runway at Tribhuvan International Airport due to fog. The passengers on the plane were rescued safely.
- February 2014 – A Nepal Airlines flight from Pokhara to Jumla crashes in Arghakhanchi, killing 18 people.
- September 2012 – Sita Air flight from Kathmandu to Lukla crashes near Tribhuvan International Airport. All 19 people on board were killed in the crash.
- May 2012 – Agni Air plane carrying Indian pilgrims from Pokhara to Jomsom crashes near Jomsom Airport. Nineteen people were killed in the incident.
- September 2011 – A Buddha Air plane flying for a mountain flight crashes in Kotdanda, near Kathmandu. Fourteen people, including Nepali, Indian and foreign nationals, were killed in the incident.
- December 2010 – A plane flying from Lamidanda to Kathmandu crashes in Okhaldhunga, killing 19 passengers and three crew members.
- September 2010 – A plane en route to the mountains crashes near Kathmandu.
- August 2010 – A plane crashes from Kathmandu to Lukla, killing 14 people.
- October 2008 – At least 18 people are killed and one injured in an accident while landing at Lukla Airport.
- September 2006 – At least 24 people are killed in a helicopter crash in Sankhuwasabha. The then Minister of State for Forest and Land Conservation Gopal Rai, Conservationist Dr. Hark Gurung, Dr. CB Gurung and Tirthaman Maskey were also present.